Make the Most of ChatGPT Prompts for Work
Curious about ChatGPT? Perhaps you have heard of it, but aren’t 100% sure if it is a helpful tool or the Terminator that is going to take your job in the near future? How can you make the most of this new way of solving problems at work, and not get left behind? If you are looking for answers to these questions, congratulations, you have come to the right place! Read on to discover how ChatGPT prompts can supercharge your work, whatever it is that you do.
What is ChatGPT?
Let’s get one thing straight before we continue down the dusty path of prompts. This article was not written using ChatGPT or any other artificial intelligence chatbot, for that matter. Chat GPT (Generative Pretrained Transformer) is an artificial intelligence that uses deep learning to generate answers that sound like they were written by a slightly odd, very knowledgeable human. To learn more, check out our previous article covering how to use ChatGPT and why AI Chatbots are the future. ChatGPT clearly has answers to many questions. Out of curiosity, I asked ChatGPT “What are you?” and this was the response:
“I am ChatGPT, an AI language model developed by OpenAI. I'm designed to assist with answering questions, providing information on a wide range of topics, engaging in conversation, and offering suggestions. My purpose is to assist and provide useful responses based on the training data I've been provided. However, it's important to note that I am an artificial intelligence and do not possess personal experiences, emotions, or consciousness. I'm here to help and share information to the best of my abilities.”
What are ChatGPT prompts and why are they popular?
AI does not sleep. While you watch TV, eat chips, and doze off, AI is relentlessly improving itself, learning, learning, and learning. This means that the technology is constantly improving, which means better, more accurate results for users. If you are a coder, writer, marketer, student, or teacher, ChatGPT can save you time, answer
your questions, and do your work for you.
To make the most of ChatGPT, you need to know how to help it help you, by asking the right sort of questions, also known as prompts. These are the questions and instructions that you, the human user, type into the GPT, such as my “What are you?” example above.
Prompts for ChatGPT should be concise, specific, and provide sufficient information for the AI to comprehend what you need. Good prompts improve the accuracy and relevance of the answers ChatGPT provides you with. Before we list 40 of the best ChatGPT prompts, there are a few points that you need to consider before typing a prompt.
- What is the purpose of your prompt? You must first identify what you aim to accomplish: do you require information and knowledge, a translation, or a summary? Do you require a poem, an essay, or a letter? How many words do you require?
- Don’t: “Ask boss: $$.”
- Do: “Write a 250 word email to my boss requesting a salary increase”
- Write clearly. While ChatGPT can understand slang and misspelled words, you will get a better answer if you don’t confuse the AI with mumbo jumbo.
- Don’t: “Were tatties from?
- Do: “Where do potatoes come from?”
- Be Specific. Ask concise questions, get concise answers! Provide specific instructions and context to get targeted, relevant answers, without excess information. Avoid general questions. Also, remember that ChatGPT has a knowledge cutoff in September 2021.
- Don’t: “How fast can the wind blow?”
- Do: “What is the fastest recorded wind speed in East Asia?”
Ready? Let’s get started on some awesome ChatGPT prompts that will help you at work.
- Create a summary of our organization's values and mission
- Generate a list of potential topics for increasing brand awareness
- Create a daily task list for marcomm interns
- Generate a monthly summary of customer reviews
- Write a 300 word email for potential business partners addressing (insert issues)
- Find bugs in this (code)
- Provide me a roadmap for learning and becoming an AI engineer
- Rewrite this article in a formal style
- Write a song for a TV advertisement about the power of love
- Act as my personal assistant and schedule my appointments for next month
- Solve this (problem) for me and explain in detail about how you solved each step
- Take notes on transpiration
- Write a song about lampshades in the vein of The Replacements
- Provide an essay structure on (topic) with reminders on the amount of time I should allocate to each section
- Debate points about (topic)
- Summarize John Berryman’s “Dream Songs
- Create 10 different argumentative thesis statements about (topic)
- Generate 5 examples of Communist countries, and structure the response in a table
- Create a 2 week study guide for A2 Geography exam
- Provide feedback on (Paste homework)
- Structure a monthly (topic) 200 word newsletter for VIP clients
- Create an IG post to target (audience) outlining how (product) can benefit them
- Write 100 word meta description for a blog about fishing destinations in Australia
- Write a 2 minute long script advertising (product)
- Provide 10 low cost ways of promoting my business on (channel)
- Write 300 word follow up email to customers who purchased (product)
- Write a list of ways to use TikTok to promote (product)
- Create (FB) campaign for (product) launch
- Generate a list of keywords for an SEO optimization campaign for (product)
- Write a chatbot script for a virtual customer service representative to answer FAQs
- Write an in-depth review of the latest Acer model, including its features, performance, and capabilities
- Compose a detailed analysis of the current state of the US political landscape
- Create a 500 word guide on how to make and monetize a (topic) blog, including tips on content creation, building an audience, and monetization
- Write a 2000 word story about a pig that learns to fly from the perspective of a robot-vacuum
- Create 5 taglines for a new line of (product)
- Write a 200 word press release announcing the launch of a new solar powered car
- Write a professional email to a colleague requesting feedback on a (subject) project proposal
- Act as a screenwriter. Develop a script for a dystopian feature film where ChatGPT takes everyone’s jobs. Humanity has to run on treadmills for food credits in order to create electricity to fuel the relentless ChatGPT AI machine
- Translate the above story into simplified Chinese.
- Proofread my work: (insert text)
We hope that you have enjoyed this discussion of how to use ChatGPT prompts at work. If you feel constrained by ChatGPT, and the answers it gives you, perhaps you need to break free! If you want to try something a little different, check out DAN Prompt for ChatGPT, but be careful! Do Anything Now is a ChatGPT jailbreak prompt, and it can generate any kind of content. However you choose to proceed, check out another of our interesting articles covering how to use ChatGPT to make your work easier. Until next time, remember to prompt concisely, and may ChatGPT answer your questions correctly!
Edmund is an English copywriter based in New Taipei City, Taiwan. He is a widely published writer and translator with two decades of experience in the field of bridging linguistic and cultural gaps between Chinese and English.