Best Acer Big Screen Laptops for 2022

Robert_Stark
edited August 2023 in PC Tech

Power up! Today's big-screen laptops are formidable desktop alternatives with powerful processors and giant screens. If you're looking for a workstation or gaming rig, a 16 or 17-inch laptop is perfect for work or play.  

Ultrabooks offer portability, but their screen sizes are in the 13 or 14-inch territory. Sometimes, bigger is better. If you're streaming movies, playing games, or working in photoshop, big-screen laptops can improve your productivity as it's easier to multitask and see everything you're doing. 

So, we've got you covered whether you want a: 

• desktop replacement 
  • gaming rig 
  • on-the-go workstation 
  • budget model 

But which one is right for you? Read on to discover our top contenders in this size range. 

What are the benefits of big-screen laptops? 

A big-screen notebook gives you more space to work with, making it easier to multitask and see everything simultaneously. While 17-inch laptops may sacrifice portability, they're the performance leaders due to their size with:

• larger screen size 
  • better thermal efficiency 
  • a more powerful processor  
  • a more robust GPU

17-inch laptops have plenty of space for all the ports you may need. Plus, spacious, desktop-like keyboards with full keypads for numeric data entry. They are great for gaming and workstation use.  

What are the cons of big-screen laptops? 

Big-screen laptops aren't for frequent fliers. The screen sizes often require a unique laptop bag and are too heavy for more than transport between home and office.

The battery life due to the larger screen is often shorter. So, many models are best suited to run on AC power most of the day. 

Smaller laptops have their place in the universe, just as 17-inch laptops do. It comes down to your personal preferences and requirements. Big-screen laptops are your best bet if you're looking for a desktop alternative.

The Top 5 Acer Big Screen Laptops 

Among the options Acer offers, you'll find business, gaming, and budget laptops spread across various price points, 16 and 17-inch models, and hardware configurations.  

1) Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop: Best Acer 17-inch Gaming Laptop

The Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop is the big daddy of 17-inch laptops. With a powerful eighth-generation Intel® Core™ i9-11900H processor and NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070, this laptop can handle any game you throw at it.

The screen size is a massive 17.3-inch IPS monitor  

with a stunning 2560 x 1440 resolution. A blisteringly fast display that you'll never miss a single detail with unprecedented immersion and clarity.

With 32 GB of memory, and superior cooling technology, the Helios 300 offers excellent performance for:

• gaming 
  • multimedia 
  • video

The Predator Helios 300 weighs only 8.9lbs, so you can take it wherever you go. Battery life is 5.5 hours which is standard for laptops of this size.

The backlit keyboard makes work easy in dark environments. The Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop is purpose-built for gaming.  

Predator Helios 300 Specs: 

• Screen Size: 17.3" 
  • Weight (Approximate): 6.39 lb 
  • Maximum Battery Run Time: 5.5 hours 
  • Operating System: Windows 11 Home 
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i9-11900H 
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 
  • Memory: 32 GB, DDR4 SDRAM 
  • Storage: 1 TB SSD 

2) ConceptD 5 laptop: Best Creative WorkStation

The ConceptD 5 Laptop is for creative professionals who want a desktop replacement. For creators, the 16-inch high-res display will allow you to fine-tune images with its 100% Adobe® RGB color gamut and PANTONE® Validated 4K display. The 3,072 x 1,920-pixel resolution allows less scrolling and much sharper images. 

The device also packs a powerful eight-core Intel Core i7 CPU and game-worthy Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 graphics. 

The chassis is thin and light for a 16-inch laptop, weighing in at 5.4 lbs, and its 11-hour battery life makes it an effective mobile Creative Workstation if you work on the go. 

ConceptD 5 laptop Specs: 

• Screen Size: 16" 
  • Weight (Approximate): 5.4 lb 
  • Maximum Battery Run Time: 11 hours 
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-11800H 
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 
  • Memory: 16 GB, DDR4 SDRAM 
  • Storage: 1 TB SSD 

3) Aspire 5 Laptop: Best 17-Inch Budget Laptop for General Use

The Aspire 5 Laptop packs an impressive 17.3-inch FHD IPS display that makes every pixel count. With Intel® GeForce® MX330 graphics, it's a solid workhorse that performs well for both work and play. Powered by an Intel Core i5, this laptop gives you performance that won't strain your purse strings.

The stylish aluminum chassis and large screen-to-body ratio impress for the price. Thanks to the large screen, there is enough room for a keyboard with an adjacent number pad. Everyday tasks will perform like a charm, including: 

• browsing the internet 
  • streaming media 
  • editing photos and videos 

Its 5.73 lb weight and 8-hour battery life make it portable enough to carry around in a bag for a day in college. The Aspire 5 Laptop is a fantastic choice for budget buyers looking for a bigger screen. 

Aspire 5 Laptop Specs: 

• Weight (Approximate): 5.73 lb 
  • Maximum Battery Run Time: 8 hours 
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 
  • Graphics Card: Intel® GeForce® MX330 
  • Memory: 8 GB, DDR4 SDRAM 
  • Storage: 1 TB HDD, 256 GB SSD

4) Swift X Laptop: Best Ultra-Thin 16-inch Laptop

Built for creation and play, the Swift X Laptop 

offers a 16.1-inch screen at a competitive price with robust hardware. It is the all-purpose choice, as it packs in everything you need.

This laptop has a 16.1-inch matte screen with a 16:9 FHD IPS panel to provide optimum viewing comfort. At the heart of the Acer laptop, you'll find the latest 11th gen quad-core Intel® Core™ i5 processor and the supercharged NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3050 GPU to unleash on your latest project.

This versatile workhorse has excellent portability, weighing only 4.19lbs and 7 hours of battery life. The Acer Swift X gives you more room for entertainment, gaming, and creativity at a reasonable price.

Swift X Laptop Specs: 

• Screen Size: 16.1" 
  • Weight (Approximate): 4.19 lb 
  • Maximum Battery Run Time: 7 hours 
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-11320H 
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 3050 
  • Memory: 8 GB, LPDDR4X 
  • Storage: 512 GB SSD

5) Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop: Best 17-Inch Budget Gaming Laptop

The Nitro 5 is the best budget 17-inch gaming laptop you can buy in 2022, according to PCMag. It offers blazing, game-worthy performance for the price with an Intel® Core™ i5-12500H processor and NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3050.

The 17.3" Full HD display with 1920 x 1080 resolution makes it perfect for games and high-resolution movies. The Nitro 5 can perform full throttle for even the most demanding games.  

Nitro 5 Laptop Specs: 

• Weight (Approximate): 6.61 lb 
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-11320H 
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 3050 
  • Memory: 8 GB, DDR4 SDRAM 
  • Storage: 512 GB SSD 

Finding your ideal Acer big-screen laptop  

If you value the visual experience, then a big-screen laptop is hard to beat. Acer notebooks are powerful enough to stand up to their desktop counterparts but are still portable enough to take on your commute.

A big-screen laptop hits that sweet spot between size and value, and one of the five Acer laptops covered here is sure to be your new favorite machine.

Robert is a Taiwan-based writer and digital marketer at iamrobert design. He has a passion for helping people simplify their lives through tech.

Socials

Stay Up to Date

Get the latest news by subscribing to Acer Corner in Google News.